Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Studio Update

Taking a few minutes out to catch my breath and to share with you what I have been up to in my studio lately.

Here I stand at my soldering bench in my slippers (and, yes, I do still have my jammies on.....one of the perks of having a home business).  I have been preparing for Art Is You in Petaluma which takes place in just a few weeks.  I have the pleasure of teaching a few classes there and taking a class myself from Sunny Carvalho.  I will be taking Sunny's Dollandia class...so excited.


Many of you have asked when I might have more heartboxes to sell....well I will have a few available to purchase at Art Is You for those of you interested.

Student kits are being wrapped....


Gifties are being assembled out of antique film canisters....


Sweet little Bead Beds are being wrapped and made ready for my in-class store.  I just LOVE these little 6" x 6" bead beds.  They  make my beading projects so much easier.  The bumper-like-borders of these beds prevent beads from escaping.  Each of these bead beds is handmade out of beautiful Cheetah fabric.  The bed portion is made with select fabric that interacts very well with seed beads especially.  Just shimmy the board or run your fingers over the top of the beads and they will all settle with the hole side up....making them very easy to pick up with your needle.  I also use these beds for projects using larger beads as well. 
Bead Beds will be available in my Etsy store soon.




On the other side of my studio is my "shipping" department.....I am busy sending out kits to my Twisted Sistah Choker online jewelry workshop students.  Class starts in just 5 days!!!  Be sure to sign up for my Twisted Sistah Choker DVD giveaway.....see my August 1st post.  The lucky winner will be selected Sept 10th.  DVD's will be available in my Etsy store the end of September.  Visit Creative Workshops for online workshop details.


And in between getting ready for my classes, I am designing a few new baubles for myself....

Well that completes my little tour of what is happening in my little part of paradise here on the central coast of California.... now it's time to get out of my jammies, exercise, eat and back to the studio.....I am so blessed.

So looking forward to seeing those of you who will be at Art Is You.  


11 comments:

Sherry said...

Diana, it all looks so wonderful...and I love how you have packaged up the kits for the classes...so lovely!!!

Alice said...

Everything looks so lovely all sparkly and shimmery. I love the bead bed idea--and who can say no to cheeta fabric?!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Swoon . . . . you'll be so close and yet so far . . . 2013 I am going to Art Is You!!! I sat on the fence too long for your class :(

xoxo

Charlene said...

You have been a busy little BEE!!!!

I love all your goodies & can't wait to see more photos. I bet you're counting the days until you come home with Olive Rose!!! Hugs from me & Elle!

connie said...

your kits look beautiful! can't wait to see you!!!
ps. i have those slippers in RED! ha ha

jpcatmeow said...

Thanks for the teaser. I can't wait until Sunday, September 23. I will be there with my best PJ's on.

Thank you for being at Art-is-Petaluma, my wonderful hometown.

Julie

Lizzie said...

Love your creations. Keep up the great work.
Blessings and Smiles, Liz

Lizzie said...

Great creations Diana. Keep up the good work!
Blessings and Smiles, Liz Calais

Kadee @KadeeWillow said...

i just emailed you a question, then scrolled down and got even more excited as I am in one of your classes!!! I will arrive with money in hand as the bead cushions sound like a much needed supply. And I LOVE the supply part! Getting the goosebumps over here as this will be soooo much fun!

Verukah Wylde said...

Miss Olive Rose looking splendid. Everything is so beautiful.

Esther GutiƩrrez Mena said...

Ilove your style. Congratulations.
From Spain.