Sunday, June 9, 2013

Petite Retreat


Petite Retreat
Just a few examples of my student's bronze creations….WOW!

 My life has been full  as of late including four fabulous days with art sisters designing with bronze clay, shopping at Remnants of the Past antique show,  champagne, yummy cake, laughter, more shopping, sharing, and lots of hugs and inspiration.

Love, love, love the richness of bronze.



Some of the wonderful ladies I had the pleasure of hanging out with--  back row L to R: Vickie, Barbara, Susan, Stephanie, Sandy, Jane.  Front row L to R:  Shawn, Diana, Cindy and me.  Three students had to leave early the last day of class and didn't make it into this class pic, they are:  Julie, Cheryl and Andrea.  12 beautiful souls! Thank you all for choosing to spend the extended weekend with me….such a pleasure.

"Petite Retreat was so fabulous!  We had the best of times.  Everyone made such beautiful bronze pieces.  Thank you, thank you.  Diana Frey you are the Monet of jewelry making.  Her pieces are so detailed and classic.  Like no other!  You are such a warm, loving, supportive instructor.  Your demonstrations and notes for class were so detailed.  Thank you for all the beauty inside of you that you have given all of us.  We love you. " ~Vickie Orlando

"I left my heart in SLO!  What an amazing weekend.  Did we have a good time or what!  Vickie Stevens Orlando said it all and we thank you Diana Frey for welcoming us into your home and wonderland of inspiration.  Hugs til next time!"  ~Sandy Navarro

*****************

For those of you wanting to join me for yet another 3-day workshop and shopping at Remnants of the Past antique fair…I invite you to sign up for my fall adventure -- Petite Retreat - Madame Bijoux, November 8, 9, and 10, 2013. Check out the flyer for all of the details.  Space is limited.  Email or call to secure your spot.

The first day we will adorn adorable brass boxes with solder, bezels, little feet, resin and bling a ling. I love these sweet trinkets…perfect Christmas gifts for a special friend.

The second day we will take in all of the eye candy at Remnants of the Past Antique Show and return to the studio to create for a few hours.


On the third day student's will have the opportunity to create pendants using some of the techniques utilized in designing their boxes.  Focus will be on the construction of a variety of bail structures, creating texture on metal without etching and cold connections….and much more.


Tootles

Diana



8 comments:

connie said...

diana!
I can not believe I didn't see you at remnants but ran into most of your students!! what a beautiful event!
thank you for sharing all ove thier work, beautiful ladies!!
xo
connie

Jen Crossley said...

Oh Wow what can I say Diana what an amazing teacher you are xx

Charlene said...

Beautiful pieces! I am soooooo sad I missed the party! But, I know everyone had so much fun. & learned a lot! Sending big HUGS from HOT Texas.

Andrea said...

I had such a wonderful time and learned so much! Your studio and home are AMAZING!! Thank you for a wonderful weekend:)

Atelier Just said...

how I envy you having fun with this beautiful jewelry

Atelier Just said...

how I envy you having fun with this beautiful jewelry

khess136 said...

What a wonderful experience for all! The creations are stunning and so unique. One day I hope to join you. xoxo

Ivy and Elephants said...

So very gorgeous. The activities you have planned are fabulous. What a treat!
Hugs,
Patti